“Ragu” Style Spaghettini In A Red Clam Sauce
* 10-12 Littleneck Clams (W)
* 1 can baby clams(W)
* 3-4 chopped cloves of garlic (B)
* 1/3 cup of fesh Italian parsley and basil (B)
* 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil (W)
* 796 ml can of whole tomatoes(W)
* 1/2 cup of chicken stock (W)
* salt & pepper pinch (W)
* 500 gram package of spaghettini (W)
Crush the whole tomatoes in a food processor. Combine olive oil, garlic, parsley and basil in a non-stick pan. Cook at med heat for a few minutes until translucent. Add chicken stock and crushed tomatoes. Add 1 can of clams and clam juice. Add salt & pepper. Cook for 25 minutes on medium heat stiring lightly. For a thicker tomato sauce, let simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
Steam Clams in 2 cups of water until they open. Once clams open combine with sauce and mix until clams are completely covered in sauce and cook for another 6 minutes. Boil Spaghettini, then drain noodles and combine with clam sauce. Serve immediately.
OPTIONAL SIDES – Crusted Garlic Bread or mixed salad