Garlic Lovers Linguine In A White Clam Sauce
* 10 -12 Littleneck Clams (W)
* Can of Baby Clams (B)
* 3 finely chopped cloves of garlic (B)
* 1/3 cup of finely chopped fresh Italian parsley & basil (B)
* 3 table spoons of olive oil (W)
* 1/2 cup of chicken stock (W)
* salt and pepper (pinch) (B)
* 500 gram package of linguine (W)
Combine olive oil, garlic, parsley and basil in non-stick pan. Cook at medium heat for a few minutes until translucent. Add butter and chicken stock. Cook until butter melts. Add 1 can of clams with clam juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 15 minutes on medium heat stirring lightly.
Steam Littleneck clams in 2 cups of water until they open. Once clams open combine with clam sauce and mix until clams are completely covered in sauce and cook for another 5 minutes on low heat.
Boil linguine then drain water, combine clam sauce and clams. Serve immediately.
OPTIONAL SIDES – Crusted Garlic Bread or Mixed Green Salad
SUBSTITUTES – Try the following substitutes
Instead of Clams, next time try Mussels just for a change.